Notices tagged with friendica
- Michael Vogel (heluecht)'s status on Tuesday, 24-Feb-2015 16:16:19 UTC Michael Vogel
benfell (benfell)'s status on Monday, 23-Feb-2015 04:27:37 UTC
So things are a bit screwy now.
I have https://parts-unknown.org/ (principally drupal, but lots and lots of other stuff as well) on the new server under #apache 2.4. Because this is a very complex set-up, I don't anticipate moving it off of apache anytime soon.
I have https://cybernude.org/ ( !gnusocial ) running on the new server on #nginx .
I have https://disunitedstates.com/ (main #friendica) and https://n4rky.me/ (testing #friendica) on the new server running #nginx .
I failed to get #wordpress working under #nginx , so https://disunitedstates.org/ and https://vegan.parts-unknown.org/ are on the new server, but under #apache 2.4.
I have the #openbaysearch (old #piratebay) running on https://greybeard95a.com/ on the new server under #apache , mainly because I was too lazy to try to figure out how to get it working under #nginx , given that it seems I'm going to have to keep some stuff running on #apache anyway.
https://mail.parts-unknown.org/ remains under #apache 2.4 on the old server, which remains my primary mail system.
Is that a mess or is that a mess?
lohang (lohang)'s status on Monday, 23-Feb-2015 03:23:11 UTC
@knuthollund oh okay. But no doubt most users who opt for a certain theme would like their visitor to see the same. Isn't this what happens on #friendica and #redmatrix? Users can select a theme and make it publicly viewable. Great if !gnusocial can get there. I don't know how difficult it is to implement. But it makes sense to have an option like that given.a vast majority of users still depend on public instances run by others
- roland (roland)'s status on Wednesday, 11-Feb-2015 05:12:43 UTC roland
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Tuesday, 10-Feb-2015 16:16:08 UTC erkan
erkan (erkan)'s status on Monday, 09-Feb-2015 20:01:44 UTC
I am not saying !friendica is bad software, it has good features. I was referring to the use case you wanted. Imagine, in a few years, the environments change (progr. language, ...). Hopefully also the friendica, gs or what not. Or: maybe not. Then getting out your data (incl. contexts) can be difficult. That was my experience: "without context/conversations: it is harder to understand some things" (1). (1) http://skilledtests.com/wiki/Archive
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Monday, 09-Feb-2015 18:07:43 UTC erkan
erkan (erkan)'s status on Sunday, 08-Feb-2015 23:44:22 UTC
I think the #licence problematic would be "solved" by "muscle playing". I remember when I set up my !friendica how Mike answered me if I'd select another licence than the standard one, a la: "I'd #unsubscribe from you and would tell all my followers to do the same". Thus, to avoid the !twitter users would go with the mainstream licence and the others would "just be islands"
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Tuesday, 03-Feb-2015 14:05:41 UTC erkan
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Monday, 02-Feb-2015 21:12:16 UTC erkan
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Monday, 02-Feb-2015 14:07:31 UTC erkan
erkan (erkan)'s status on Saturday, 31-Jan-2015 20:28:26 UTC
ich z.B. kann hier kein andstatus nutzen (1). xmpp erlaubt dir das (2). ausserdem hättest du auch Zugang zu anderen Komm.Systemen, die auch xmpp anbieten: !movim !friendica, ... (1) naja, ich könnte shcon etwas tricksen, aber dafür ist mir der Aufwand zu hoch. (2) OTR: "Dadurch lässt sich nach Beenden der Unterhaltung von niemandem (auch keinem der beiden Kommunikationspartner) beweisen, dass einer der Kommunikationspartner eine bestimmte Aussage gemacht hat."
erkan (erkan)'s status on Saturday, 31-Jan-2015 14:21:23 UTC
you won't find a reply button here, since there's no unified login (as in !friendica) or b/c you have no account here.
n2admin (n2admin)'s status on Wednesday, 28-Jan-2015 05:46:41 UTC
Also, Federati Connect (a #Friendica instance) accounts now require approval.
- holger (holger)'s status on Tuesday, 27-Jan-2015 19:56:28 UTC holger
- lohang (lohang)'s status on Friday, 23-Jan-2015 15:18:34 UTC lohang
- lohang (lohang)'s status on Tuesday, 20-Jan-2015 12:42:24 UTC lohang
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Sunday, 18-Jan-2015 23:37:51 UTC erkan
- mama21mama (mama21mama)'s status on Saturday, 17-Jan-2015 20:33:23 UTC mama21mama
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Saturday, 17-Jan-2015 20:21:57 UTC erkan