Notices tagged with statusnet
- lnxw48 (fresh) (lnxw48)'s status on Sunday, 17-May-2015 00:51:17 UTC lnxw48 (fresh)
- mmn (mmn)'s status on Saturday, 16-May-2015 13:09:47 UTC mmn
- joemaro (joemaro)'s status on Friday, 10-Apr-2015 14:32:54 UTC joemaro
mmn (mmn)'s status on Friday, 10-Apr-2015 10:26:42 UTC
@aroque I think @mike holds a grudge to previous #StatusNet dev team. Apparently they had strifes. I think they're doing good work with #RedMatrix for a different use-case than for !gnusocial. There are different kinds of secure, private etc. and there is some overlap but our implementations are not necessarily trying to solve the same problem.
I have several times commented on the non-privateness of !GNUsocial and that to protect one's identity - other measures must be used (pseudonym profile, onion routing etc.). #RedMatrix is very pronounced on how it's protecting all of these things and I'm just not sure how well-grounded those statements are.
As I said, I'm not saying anything about @mike's et. al implementation. I am just a paranoid conservatist.
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Thursday, 09-Apr-2015 16:18:19 UTC erkan
aroque (aroque)'s status on Tuesday, 07-Apr-2015 18:55:50 UTC
@morph I stumbled (via #redmatrix) upon your 2013 blog post about life with #statusnet http://blog.morphtown.de/life-with-statusnet-a-personal-experience-part-2/ As someone who has joined the !fediverse only recently, I really appreciated it
- mmn (mmn)'s status on Saturday, 04-Apr-2015 10:18:14 UTC mmn
Tobias (tobias)'s status on Thursday, 19-Mar-2015 06:32:54 UTC
Chemnitzer Linux Tag
Wer aus den föderalen sozialen Netzwerken ist denn am WE auf dem #CLT15 und hätte Lust auf ein kleines Meetup?
Who from the federal social networks will be at CLT15 and would join a little meetup?
#friendica #red #gnusocial #statusnet #diaspora #pumpio
simsa0 (simsa0)'s status on Thursday, 19-Mar-2015 03:28:16 UTC
That sounds true to me. In the #StatusNet / #Identica times one could easily have the feeling that it was, like the commercial services, communication inside a silo. A free silo, so to speak. Which made topics like #free , #federation interesting but not really relevant or necessary to understand. One could avoid them and still have an interesting times on #StatusNet / #Identica . Now w/ #federation far more evolved, new users are way sooner confronted w/ those topics, as one needs to learn a bit in order to connect across services. Which is a good thing, IMO. Thx to all codesmiths who make federation running better and better.
- rozzin (rozzin)'s status on Saturday, 14-Mar-2015 23:52:35 UTC rozzin
- mmn (mmn)'s status on Thursday, 12-Mar-2015 17:29:27 UTC mmn
- roland (roland)'s status on Monday, 09-Mar-2015 22:19:38 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Friday, 06-Mar-2015 23:50:14 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Monday, 23-Feb-2015 19:08:22 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Monday, 23-Feb-2015 18:41:03 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Friday, 20-Feb-2015 20:34:38 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Friday, 20-Feb-2015 15:47:57 UTC roland
- lnxw48 (fresh) (lnxw48)'s status on Thursday, 19-Feb-2015 23:20:26 UTC lnxw48 (fresh)
roland (roland)'s status on Thursday, 19-Feb-2015 14:11:26 UTC
@erkan I think #data-portability is to much/hard for @mmn to archive? You @marcusmoeller also need to see how !gs is created. First there was an other software, it was not named canoncial, but differently. Then from that (ugly) code was #StatusNet generated. Meanwhile !gnusocial has been worked on, also #FreeSocial from @mmn. Then there was a large merger done by mmn to merge recent #statusnet and his own code in #freesocial back into #gnusocial (if I'm right). That is no easy work. :-)
roland (roland)'s status on Thursday, 19-Feb-2015 13:26:25 UTC
@nawi Einige Teile von !gnusocial und insbesondere aeltere #StatusNet Instanzen kommen dann durcheinander, da es den selben Nickname (ohne @) es bereits in der Datenbank gibt. Wir muessen halt noch laenger abwarten, bis irgentwann mal alle Instanzen nach #gnusocial umgestiegen sind (was ja nun ein direkter Nachfolger ist).