Notices tagged with statusnet
- roland (roland)'s status on Thursday, 22-Jan-2015 14:24:44 UTC roland
- roland (roland)'s status on Thursday, 22-Jan-2015 14:21:48 UTC roland
mmn (mmn)'s status on Thursday, 22-Jan-2015 13:47:36 UTC
@postblue @roland Yeah, anything that's a problem with a fresh install of #GNUsocial should be solved programmatically and with patches, so it's consistent. All the #StatusNet mumbojumbo with people doing anything they wanted to the database and then having all kinds of problems was contraproductive.
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Wednesday, 21-Jan-2015 16:12:10 UTC erkan
erkan (erkan)'s status on Wednesday, 21-Jan-2015 11:53:03 UTC
RT @lohang that's a photo of me analyzing #StatusNet (I'm handling the tail here) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Blind_monks_examining_an_elephant.jpg
- lohang (lohang)'s status on Wednesday, 21-Jan-2015 02:39:54 UTC lohang
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Tuesday, 20-Jan-2015 21:30:37 UTC erkan
erkan (erkan)'s status on Tuesday, 20-Jan-2015 19:40:37 UTC
updated the "use cases for new !SN / !GS instances" cc !gnusocial !statusnet http://skilledtests.com/wiki/Statusnet_problems#use_cases_for_new_SN.2FGS_instances_.28aka:_when_one_of_the_fixes_below_work_for_you.29
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Tuesday, 20-Jan-2015 10:42:47 UTC erkan
lohang (lohang)'s status on Tuesday, 20-Jan-2015 10:26:01 UTC
Hmmm "how this came to be?" He suddenly announced this https://quitter.no/url/5921 and that was it. Hierarchical view can now be implemented as a plug-in I assume. It is not there by default. But I haven't seen it in action for ages. Last time I saw it in action when I had my own #StatusNet instance.
- marc0s (marc0s)'s status on Monday, 19-Jan-2015 22:19:26 UTC marc0s
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Monday, 19-Jan-2015 14:32:29 UTC erkan
- marc0s (marc0s)'s status on Monday, 19-Jan-2015 14:04:55 UTC marc0s
mama21mama (mama21mama)'s status on Sunday, 18-Jan-2015 22:18:10 UTC
Un cacho de historia > http://cut7.tk/baa
Este buen hombre creo un fork de statusnet y como es seguidor del movimiento fsf/gnu le puso de nombre GNUsocial.
Este fork entro en actividad con arreglos de seguridad mejoras etc estaba muy activo.
Al mismo tiempo Evan el creador estaba ya creando otra plataforma social http://cut7.tk/aJ5
Y el mismisimo Evan hizo llamamiento a los desarrolladores a unir sus habilidades al fork GNUsocial.
Actualmente el proyecto mas activo de statusnet paso a llamarce GNUsocial.
Statusnet fue abandonado.
#historia #gnusocial #statusnet
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Sunday, 18-Jan-2015 21:42:08 UTC erkan
- X11R5 (x11r5)'s status on Sunday, 18-Jan-2015 19:28:26 UTC X11R5
roland (roland)'s status on Saturday, 17-Jan-2015 14:58:31 UTC
@boneidol Yes, but it requires to re-enable #SSLv3 to have instances such as @erkanyilmaz runs being able to connect to that secured instance. Enabling SSLv3 opens your server to #poodle attack but in other hand !gnusocial and #statusnet instances can connect again to your instance. I have experiences this behavior with his instance, in particular with @question.
lohang (lohang)'s status on Saturday, 17-Jan-2015 11:01:16 UTC
@nawi @efedoso A similar thing happened with these users when Twitter was famousely having back to back downtimes. It was a good starting point for #identica and #laconica (StatusNet) because it didn't have this "single point of failure" (is that the right term?) People started joining #identica and #StatusNet . But unfortunately the founder decided to make drastic changes to StatusNet software, and then to switch to some other platform called #pumpio You have to search and find old conversations about it. I cannot summerize everything here. But this particular community is lost. I know most of them personally. They wont be back. I'll be happy if you can convince them to be back.
- erkan (erkan)'s status on Saturday, 17-Jan-2015 10:06:07 UTC erkan